Are you in the market for a new home? That’s great – but if you’re not already pre-approved from your mortgage broker, be sure to read on.
Pre-approvals are very important for two reasons.
- They give you confidence in knowing that a specific amount of financing is available for you.
- A pre-approval can put you in a positive negotiating position against other home buyers who aren’t pre-approved.
Not all pre-approvals are the same, though. There are essentially three different kinds.
- The first occurs when you meet with a mortgage professional and tell them how much you make. They’ll say something along the lines of “Great, you’re pre-approved.” The mortgage professional has only looked at your income. There is no real pre-approval.
- The second kind is when a mortgage professional asks you how much you make and then pulls your credit bureau. This allows a mortgage professional to lock in your mortgage rate for up to four months. This pre-approval still isn’t a sure thing.
- The third kind of pre-approval – and the one that we do – is a lot more encompassing. We get all of your papers prepared right off the bat, which allows us to eliminate any unforeseen issues with your approval. Sure, it’s more work up front – but we do this because it’s the right thing to do.
If you’d like to get a pre-approval, please let us know and give us a call! We’re here to help.